Activities at Arbors Memory Care
Our Healthy Living Life Enrichment program guides our life-enrichment staff in creating an approach to the monthly activities and events that focus on the health of the body, mind, and spirit of each of our individual residents and guests.
There is no better way to get to know our community than to experience our lifestyle first-hand. Get to know the Arbors Memory Care lifestyle by participating in one of our community events! Contact us today to sign up for our community newsletter and calendar of events.
Enjoy guest lecturers, support groups, wellness clinics, and more as a part of the Arbors Memory Care community.
Activities for a Healthy Body:
- Strength and Balance Classes: Develop your strength and practice balance in our physical fitness classes designed to improve agility and stamina in seniors.
- Walk Club: Join us for a stroll around the community and on local excursions Walking is an affective, low-impact physical activity that promotes good health. Plus, it is a lot of fun to do as a part of our Walk Club!
- Seated Tai Chi and Yoga Classes: Tai Chi and Yoga are both popular exercise courses that help to strengthen the body and calm the spirit. The seated position and changeable programs allow for all ages and abilities to enjoy these classes.
- Cooking Club: Join our cooking club to continue enjoying a past love of cooking to discovering a new found love of the culinary world. While we don’t always feature healthy dishes in our club—sometimes we just need to make tasty baked sweets—we believe that a healthy relationship with food can begin in the cooking process!
Activities for a Sharp Mind:
- Games: Keep your mind sharp by participating in our many activities that are focused on brain engaging games such as trivia, puzzles, and board games.
- Guest Lectures & Support Groups: Some of our favorite activities to produce are those that invite guests into our community to share their expertise, support those in need, or provide a much needed service to our residents and local community members. Enjoy guest lecturers, support groups, wellness clinics and more as a part of the Arbors community.
- Cultural Excursions: While we love bringing in guests to our community and providing a lively, fun community environment, sometimes it is nice to get out and see what are local area attractions have to offer. Regular excursions to local attractions and cultural events are an exciting way to engage the mind, exercise the body and fulfill the spirit.
Activities for a Happy Spirit:
- Live Entertainment: Toe-tapping music is never far when you are a resident at Arbors Memory Care. Our residents have made it clear that they enjoy regular live entertainment. We’ve seen everything from classical guitar to jazz piano to karaoke evenings.
- Art Classes: Creativity abounds among the residents at Arbors Memory Care! Regular art classes and crafting opportunities give our residents the opportunity to flex their creative muscles on a continuous basis. Residents enjoy craft and building projects as well as classes and groups for painting, sewing, crocheting and more.
- Bible Study, Worship & Fellowship: We recognize that many of our residents enjoy a spiritual relationship that includes regular study and worship. Regularly scheduled worship, bible study and fellowship opportunities are available at our community.